Good morning Destructoid! Queen here again - for the last time! - to remind you that today is that wonderful time of the week! It's Friday!
Next week's TGIF is going to be Christmas! How's everyone preparing for one of the biggest celebrations of the whole year? My family finally agreed to not meet up to celebrate since the house always gets packed! Instead, we'll stay each in our own house and, at midnight, do a Google Meetings call. After celebrating 22 Christmas and New Year's Eve with the whole family, I'm actually glad for the change this year. The reason for the change sucks, yes, but I'm looking forward to spending a calmer Christmas night.
On the literature front, I finished Rough Around the Edges and now I'm reading Breaking Cover. I'll probably be able to read one or two more books before I have to cancel my Kindle Unlimited membership. Here is Goodreads recap for my reading year:
I also should do a TOP 10 of the books I read this year since I highly doubt any title will earn a spot in my list. So here they are:
10. Pain & Pleasure: A Collection of Lyrics & Poetry by Stephanie Owen [Poetry, Romance]
9. I'm Thinking of Ending Things by Iain Reid [Psychological Horror]
8. What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon [Historical Fiction, Fantasy, Romance]
7. Shadows of Aggar (Amazons of Aggar #1) by Chris Anne Wolfe [Romance, Fantasy, Science Fiction]
6. Finding Jessica Lambert by Clare Ashton [Romance]
5. The Three-Body Problem (Earth's Remembrance #1) by Liu Cixin [Science Fiction]
4. Notes from the Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky [Philosophy]
3. Shaken to the Core by Jae [Romance, Historical Fiction]
2. This Is How You Lose The Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone [Romance, Science Fiction]
1. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters [Romance, Historical Fiction, Mystery]
Queen's Song of the Week:
How was your week Dtoid? Any fun weekend plans? Watch, play or read anything new worth sharing? Let us know down in the comments and as always, happy gaming!