It took me quite some time to consider the choice of either Mr. X or Nemesis for their chase theme as both titles sound rather similar between the 2 remakes. While I do love Nemesis a lot I have to give it to Mr. X in the end. I loved Remake 2 and I was super hyped for 3, but I feel like they took a few too many short cuts and it shows especially in Nemesis. Sometimes he gets caught on geometry or makes rather questionable movements. Sometimes he bugs out and just keeps or ends up being super predictable. The best example I can give is that’s at times is feels like that werewolf AI from The Order 1886. It just doesn’t feel as good as Mr. X which is a shame. Add that to the constraining of some of the games better elements (fun things such as puzzles from the original) and you have an experience that feels much weaker.
Mr. X on the other hand just felt so much more intimidating which made this music even more nerve-wracking. With little to no hiccups during my playthrough Mr. X always felt intimidating, powerful, and intelligent. Bursting through walls and opening doors just about nowhere felt safe from this tyrant and I loved every minute of it.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
============================================================= A Few things about me =============================================================
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
============================================================= My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango =============================================================
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: