Greetings. I am Alphadeus. The guy that posts all the original music. I'd like to start up a new project I'm calling ANTHEMS. The idea is I collect some basic information from you, and use it to write you a song. I've done this before going back to 2011 and ending in 2018.
- Songs for Gamers : DLC PACKS 01 - 02 - 03 - 04 + Bonus Stages EP
What is ANTHEMS?
ANTHEMS is the beginning of a new set of music written specifically for individuals. Focused on the Destructoid Community, but also people I know in other places. Anyone can request a song, and I will do my absolute best to write one for you. It's important to note the following:
- A Song is Not Guaranteed: It's extremely rare, but there exists the possibility that I cannot write a song that you like. When I started the project, I had a very limited toolset, which has grown quite a bit. I might not be able to create the sound you feel best represents you in song. I apologize if that's the case.
- The Music I write is 100% my own: Most people know this, but while the songs are based on your information, the songs are mine to give away, sell, and upload to digital streaming services. The plan is to give it away for free on Bandcamp (pay what you want, including free), and upload to streaming services so others can enjoy them.
- The Songs will be Instrumental: I cannot sing and/or write lyrics. The music will also be video game style in nature. I can do basic choir "Ahhs" and "Ohhs" though.
- If A Song is Written, your username will be attached to it, only on Bandcamp/YouTube: See the Songs for Gamers links above. On Bandcamp, the song title will include your username in parentheses. If I upload it to digital stores, the username will be removed.
What Information is Needed?
I would like to gather the following information from you if you are interested in a song. There are rules, but they're not terrible.
- Song Title: I would like a song title. If you cannot provide one, I can try to come up with one. I request that they not be offensive, or include profanity (Sorry Phil :( ...). The music will be uploaded to Spotify, and it doesn't make sense to me to have a song with the word Fuck in it and be instrumental :P
- Music for Inspiration: Please send me 1-3 (max) links to music that you enjoy. The first song will be the MAIN song, which is the one I will use to determine ultimately what the song will sound like. The other 2 are what I call "references" that I may or may not use in the final form of the song. YouTube links work the best, but I also have Spotify.
If you have any questions, please ask them as I may have forgotten to include certain information. I try to write songs as quick as possible, the project could be finished by the end of the month, but it could take months to get a song if I have trouble getting into a groove.
Everyone that commented on my Qpost and Twitter posts have been acknowledged to be interested in the project. You can double check here, but if you have shown interest already, I will reach out to you most likely as a reply to your comment in disqus.
I'm not sure of the best way to reach me honestly. I heard you can message people on disqus, maybe try that when it comes time to give me the information I need to write your song? If you want to email it to me, that works too. My email is my dtoid name @ gmail.com. You don't need to wait for me to request your song, so feel free to reach out to me.
I'm limiting the project to 35 people for now. Around 21 have expressed interest, so there are still a few open spots. Anyone is eligible. When a song is written, I will show it to you in private, and you can let me know if it's a good song, or if it needs work. In order to fix the song if needed, I need criticism and advice on where to go with the song, and I will try a couple of times to get it right.
If for some reason, we can't reach an agreement and I can't seem to write a good enough song, I may use the song in another project, as I do not like to waste music I've written. And again, I apologize in advance if it reaches that point.
I'm not sure what else to say. I hope this project works out. I have a pretty decent track record. Thank you for all the years of support and friendship. Take care.