I was willing to give this a chance mind you. I know survival games are a dime in a dozen but I can’t say I wasn’t interested in fighting a few zombies in a game like Metal Gear Solid 5.
Metal Gear Survive: Enter the Fog
I know people are sick to death of Zombie games but I felt like the premise combined with the gameplay of Metal Gear Solid 5 would have made for something unique and entertaining. Considering how other elements of the main game were handled such as the Man on Fire and the Skulls unit there was a part of me that hoped they could pull something off and make a good survival game. However, in typical Konami fashion I was left disappointed. The scariest thing here is the fact that you could waste even more money on this drink coaster by purchasing a save slot. Barring that the game has nothing going for it. It feels like a chore to play as you are constantly babysitting meters and doing menial tasks without any worthwhile perk. This is all on top of feeling like garbage to play. The best thing to come out of this ordeal was the music which isn’t all that bad. Otherwise you could drop this in a trash bin. If this is what a post Kojima metal Gear is going to be like, then I really do worry for the series.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
============================================================= A Few things about me =============================================================
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
============================================================= My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango =============================================================
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: