Though it’s still early October it’s nice to see people on my street are still decorating for the holidays. It adds a bit of charm and levity in a time where most people are otherwise down considering a certain illness related to the number 19. My current hope is that the governor doesn’t cancel Halloween, but considering the fact that I live in the hellscape that is New Jersey I could always be surprised. I can still hope though.
Kingdom Hearts: Halloween Town [Side Note: Have you been inside your local Walmart/target. It’s half Christmas half Halloween and we aren’t even done with October.]
Current events aside I still want to have a bit of fun with my community, things will just be a bit different this year as we all try to be extra careful. Instead of handing out candy at the door in a dish I’ve made gift bags to give out. I think it’s the best and most sanitary option available. I’ve also made a few for some coworkers who I know aren’t going out this year, that way they have something to bring to their kids. I am otherwise unsure of how all this will play out as we continue to adjust to the new normal. It will be different, but different isn’t always bad. Here is to hoping that we can enjoy the season despite the changes.
If you have any plans or suggestions of your own I'd like to hear them. How will you be spending this holliday?
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
============================================================= A Few things about me =============================================================
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
============================================================= My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango =============================================================
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: