The world may quite literally be burning to a crisp as you’re reading this because it is that kind of year. Even so it pays to remember the good we do have in these trying times. A roof over our head, food in the pantry, and people who love us. It isn’t glamourous, but as someone who has lived without at least 2 of those things I’m grateful that I have them now. A respite from my weary days, a reminder that despite my troubles I still have good things and amazing people in my life. So I feel todays choice is very fitting.
Resident Evil 2 Remake: Save Room
Typically, my first choice of the month. I feel this is especially fitting for this year considering quarantine. The save room is a small space, but it brings with it shelter and safety. Protection from the elements and the plague lurking outside much like our own homes at this point. A moment to breath and reflect on our situation and a place where we can gather ourselves to move forward. The melody is somber but hopeful as many of us are. A reminder that despite the chaos that is around us, we can still make it through the night. So do take care this spooktober, for yourself and for those around you.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
============================================================= A Few things about me =============================================================
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
============================================================= My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango =============================================================
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: