Only 24 hours remain until Halloween arrives. While I never celebrated Halloween (never went trick or treating, no dressed up) I have always liked the general vibe of the season. Keeping with that sprit the 30th installment is:
Little Nightmares: Hunger
Little Nightmares has depth and complexity. You can enjoy it on the surface for what it is, a puzzle platformer with some stalker elements, tense moments, great puzzles, and good gameplay. On that portion alone Little Nightmares is worth a look, but it has so much more to offer. Beneath that is a level of detail that allows users to grasp the story of the game, while keeping things vague enough for people to draw some of their own conclusions and theories. Basically it takes the Dark Souls approach of “show, don’t tell” and lets the player fill in the blanks as they go along.
Little Nightmares doesn’t disappoint in that regard, telling its story not through hours of exposition but through gameplay and overall atmosphere. I was captivated by this game from beginning to end and I loved just about every second of it. These hunger scenes in particular have great significance that become clearer the further along you get in the game, which is why I chose this song. I don’t want to spoil what that is as it involves the end game but I do recommend you pick up this title should you have the chance.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
A Few things about me
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: