Wow, a Friday the 13th in the month of October, doesn’t get any more spoopy than that. Today’s song is
Friday the 13th (game): Main menu
It would be a missed opportunity to not post a Friday the 13th related song today. That said love it or hate it Friday the 13th was a game that happened and it was fun for a while. The game isn’t perfect, it still has bugs and is riddled with issues but overall it can be a fun romp, especially if you have friends to play with. Sadly this game suffers from the same problem a lot of other “Stalker” games suffer from. The games you play will only be as good as the people you play with. So if you don’t have friends who want to play you are stuck in the mixed bag that is solo queue.
That said the game still does a lot right and I feel it nails the spirit of Friday the 13th. The music is spot on and in the optimal conditions it elevates the overall experience. There is just something about Jasons theme and the chase that really brings the experience together, making you feel like Jason. If the graphics didn’t bug out when you grabbed certain characters, playing Jason would be phenomenal. It's a real shame when you get an awesomn kill like the sleeping bag kill and the game bugges out. Hopefully the devs continue to support the game and iron out these issues.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
============================================================= A Few things about me =============================================================
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
============================================================= My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango =============================================================
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: