Hello everyone and welcome to the 11th day of 31 days. I hope today’s song puts you in a festive mood.
Grundtilda's lair - Banjo Kazooie
For the longest time I hadn’t owned a personal copy of Banjo Kazooie personally. My friend had one though so I would go over his house to play it. There was always something about this game that I just liked a bit more than DK64. I can’t quite tell you what that special something was because looking back these games were incredibly similar.
You spend a decent amount of time in here as it’s the hub world, and as far as hub worlds go this one isn’t too bad. I like how you can hear her cackling every now and again while you there because it adds a bit of “connectivity” to the whole area. I mean it is her lair and she’s actually at the very top so it makes sense that you would hear her from time to time. The music reminds me of a few merry melodies episodes and I would say for the most part it could fit into one. Considering that this is rather fitting theme for Gruntilda. I imagine her walking around in a very exaggerated fashion around her layer, doing whatever it is Gruntilda’s do in their spare time, such as grunting at luncheons.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
============================================================= A Few things about me =============================================================
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
============================================================= My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango =============================================================
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: