Hello everyone and welcome to the 10th day of 31 days. Almost half way through October already. Today’s song is
Old Clockworks - Outlandish Interruption 1 - Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
I feel the first Luigi’s mansion was a bit underrated for a few reasons, mostly for not being Mario and being one of the first games to come on the GameCube. Poor Luigi can never seem to get a break. The only person faring worse than him is his evil double Waluigi.
Perhaps one day...
I ended up playing the first Luigi’s Mansion well after it came out; somewhere in the mid life cycle of the WII I managed to get a copy. I enjoyed the ghost busting aspect of the game quite a bit. I would go so far as to say that at times it felt almost like resident evil with the whole mansion thing (minus the BOWs). Overall it was a pretty solid game, it’s just a shame that lightning doesn’t always strike twice. For everything I liked about Dark Moon it ended up becoming quite the slog with a lot of repetitive events and scenarios. I almost feel like it went on a bit too long and didn’t do too much to improve on the previous one.
Still, most of Dark Moons music is still pretty good and fits the spirit of the month really well. I used to actually put a few of these on at my old job in lieu of that one corporate provided cd we had since the early 2000. Those were some good times.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
A Few things about me
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: